The Industry Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to Government from an industry perspective as required on:
- measures to embed effective veteran employment strategies into the recruitment and workforce policies and practices of Australian business, including monitoring and evaluation methods of recruitment and retention rates
- opportunities to extend awareness raising, to increase veteran employment
- barriers to the successful employment of veterans and strategies to address those barriers
- implementation of Government initiatives to support veteran employment
- assistance and resources that would benefit veterans who are interested in becoming, or are an entrepreneur
- strategies to encourage the employment of partners of serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) members
- information on employment pathways provided to transitioning ADF members.