The Industry Advisory Committee (IAC) on Veterans’ Employment comprises representatives from a broad range of Australian businesses and industries. It provides advice from an industry perspective on initiatives to support veterans’ employment, including the Prime Minister’s National Veterans’ Employment Awards. The Minister for Veterans’ Affairs appoints member organisations, and membership is reviewed every three years.
The IAC provides advice to the Australian Government from an industry perspective as required on:
- measures to embed effective veteran employment strategies into the recruitment and workforce policies and practices of Australian business, including monitoring and evaluation methods of recruitment and retention rates
- opportunities to extend awareness raising, to increase veteran employment
- barriers to the successful employment of veterans and strategies to address those barriers
- implementation of Government initiatives to support veteran employment
- assistance and resources that would benefit veterans who are interested in becoming or are an entrepreneur
- strategies to encourage the employment of partners of serving Australian Defence Force (ADF) members; and
- information on employment pathways provided to transitioning ADF members.