The Industry Advisory Committee on Veterans’ Employment provides advice to Government from an industry perspective on:
- measures to embed effective employment strategies into the recruitment and workforce policies and practices of Australian business
- opportunities and approaches to extend awareness raising of the value of employing veterans, to provide greater employment opportunities
- barriers to the successful employment of veterans and strategies to address those barriers
- implementation of Government initiatives to support veterans' employment
- assistance of resources that would benefit veterans who are interested in becoming, or are an entrepreneur
- strategies to encourage the employment of partners of serving Australian Defence Force members.