There are a number of ways you can include Australian Defence Force (ADF) veterans in your recruitment processes.
Advertising your roles
jobactive is the Australian Government’s way to get more Australians into work by connecting job seekers with employers.
Let veterans know that you are interested in hiring them by selecting the 'Defence Force Experience Desirable' box when posting ads on jobactive.
You can also approach employment service providers to list vacancies targeting veterans on your behalf.
highlight on your website that you are a veteran-friendly employer.
ask your HR team to consider ADF experience.
champion the recruitment of veterans.
- connect with an ex-service or not-for-profit veteran support organisation.
Sign the Veterans' Employment Commitment
The Veterans' Employment Commitment (VEC) is for all organisations who wish to support veterans' employment.
When you sign the VEC you are making a public declaration that you recognise the skills, values and experience that veterans can bring to your organisation. Your organisation’s logo will be displayed, enabling veteran job-seekers to identify you as a veteran-friendly employer.
Access a veteran directly
There are a range of not for profit veteran service providers who may be able to assist you to connect with veterans seeking employment. These include:
- The Returned and Services League - RSLveteransemployment@rsl.org.au
- Soldier On - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disaster Relief Australia
- The Australian Veterans Employers Coalition
- Right Management - Department of Defence specialist career and employment service provider - email@example.com
Private recruitment providers, specialising in veteran placement may also provide access to veteran's seeking employment.