Open to public and private sector organisations, of any size (including individuals/sole traders).
For the purpose of the Awards terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
Private Sector Organisation is a business that is:
registered in Australia
has been operating in Australia for at least 12 months on the closing date of nominations, and
has an Australian Business Number that has been active for at least 12 months on the closing date of nominations.
Public Sector Organisation includes:
organisations registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission; or
state/territory and Commonwealth agencies, statutory and local government authorities; or
Higher education institutions recognised under the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
| Nomination Criteria
1. Demonstrated excellence in supporting veteran and/or partner of serving or former serving ADF member employment with a focus on any new initiatives over the last 12 months.
These are intended as a guide only.
Nominations will be strengthened by providing examples such as:
- identification of actions to support veteran and/or partner employment, with a focus on specific initiatives or program improvements implemented over the last 12 months to support veteran and/or partners to gain employment, personally and professionally develop to support their career and/or retain their employment
- advocacy and awareness raising of the issues faced by veterans and partners in relation to employment, with promotion of strategies to positively address these
- programs that support an understanding of the ADF experience for civilians/individuals without links to Defence, to enable an understanding of how ADF experience and skills translate into the civilian workplace, and/or how military lifestyle develops skills that can be applied in the workplace
- establishment of individual and/or group training programs to assist veterans in becoming job-ready and in understanding the typical civilian workplace environment, including processes, structures, reporting lines etc.
- establishment of individual and/or group training programs or support networks to assist partners to gain employment or re-locate employment
- resources to assist veterans and/or partners to understand the ADF service & lifestyle skills and attributes they can translate to the workplace
- veteran community-specific resources or training programs for employers/organisations to assist them in the recruitment, on-boarding and support of veterans and/or partners
- number of veterans and/or partners assisted into employment over the last 12 months, the percentage of those still working and average length of employment since commencement
- establishment of employer networks to identify/source employment opportunities, internships and or work placements for the veteran community
- promoting the benefits of employing veterans and/or partners
- veteran community feedback used to shape services and support
- provision of training and support to veterans and/or partners
- partnership with ADF support organisations to inform the support and services provided to veterans and/or partners
2. Evidence of veteran (and/or partner of serving or former serving ADF member) satisfaction with support/services.
These are intended as a guide only.
Evidence could include:
- copies/excerpts of feedback from veterans and/or partners, relating to their job placement(s), alignment of employment opportunities with their individual skills, aspirations and interests, and overall services and support provided to them
- number of new veteran/partner clients resulting from recommendations from other satisfied veterans and/or partners
- nomination for or receipt of a commendation, recognition or award in recognition of services provided to veterans and/or partners.