The Veterans’ Employment Commitment is evolving
We have listened to your feedback and are changing the VEC to make it a more meaningful commitment for employers and veterans alike.
Watch this space for the new VEC and resources to support employers to recruit and retain veterans.
To ensure you don’t apply twice, we’ve paused sign-ups until the new application form is available.
Contact us to join our mailing list to be the first to hear when the new application form is open.
Show your Commitment
Join the growing number of Australian organisations recognising the professional skills and experience of veterans. The Veterans' Employment Commitment is a public declaration that your organisation supports greater employment opportunities for veterans.
Signing the commitment shows your organisation will:
- recognise the significant skills and value that veterans can bring to your organisation
- support the employment of veterans, ensuring veterans have equal opportunity in gaining employment with your organisation
- provide career opportunities in your organisation to veterans
- actively seek to understand how veterans’ skills and experience translate to civilian roles and contribute to your organisation
- provide suitable training, mentoring and coaching to help veterans integrate into your organisation
- ensure your human resource policies equitably support the recruitment and retention of all employees, including veterans.
The commitment is not binding.
Why sign the commitment?
When you sign the commitment, you become one of our commitment supporters and are promoted as a veteran friendly employer to veterans seeking employment - a highly skilled and professional pool of potential employees.
You will be part of a network and provided with opportunities to be involved in initiatives to support veteran employment.
Commitment supporters receive exclusive rights to use the 'Proud supporter of the Veterans' Employment' logo.
® The supporter logo is only to be used by authorised parties.