This category is open to all public sector organisations including State/Territory and Commonwealth agencies, statutory and local government authorities and agencies.
Private sector organisations are excluded from nominating in this category.
| Nomination Criteria
1. Demonstrated commitment to employing veterans as evidenced by the relative number of veterans in the workforce.
- outline of the veteran employment initiative, including links to the information on the organisation's website
- resources developed for veterans outlining how to get a job in the organisation
- resources to assist veterans in translating their ADF skills and experience
- mentoring programs which provide veterans with access to veterans who have successfully transitioned into public sector employment
- use of a Defence experience desirable/ADF friendly flag or comparable notation in job advertisements
- listing of relevant working groups, committees or forums that the organisation has established and/or participates in.
2. Demonstrated excellence in the management and retention of veterans through innovative training programs, ongoing mentoring and engagement programs.
- guidelines, instructions or veteran-specific training and mentoring programs
- programs which identify, foster and develop veteran talent
- information on the number of veterans working in the organisation relative to total number of employees and retention rates
- feedback on the training, mentoring and/or engagement programs developed and/or adopted by the organisation to support veteran employment/retention.
3. Commitment to support veteran employment.
- commitment to employ a certain number of veterans evidenced by publicised statement on the organisation’s website
- HR policies, guidelines, directives or programs
- feedback from veteran employees.
Please review our terms and conditions before nominating for an award.